AGENCY FEES/TERMS & CONDITIONS excluding VAT:
- Revised and with immediate effect for clients from 10/07/2018 and supersede all previous terms of business.
The agency fee becomes payable within 7 working days of a placement being confirmed verbally or in writing and should also be paid prior to the Au pairs’ arrival if this is sooner than the 7 working days.
- Returning Clients are given a loyalty discount.
The loyalty discount will be revoked if fees are not paid within 7 working days
- “Recommend a Friend” – recommend a friend to us, if the friend confirms a placement and it’s all booked, then £30 will be given against your next booking for placement.
Payments are accepted by debit/credit card or online bank transfer.
– The fees listed below exclude vat.
– Vat will be charged at the current rate of 20%
|Length of |
|Up to 3|
|4-5 months||6-8 months||9-12 months|
|Summer Au Pair||200.00||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Short Term Au Pair||230.00||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Au Pair for |
Seniors; companionship only – for 25 hours
|Au Pair |
|Nanny||N/A||N/A||N/A||3 weeks x |
gross weekly salary, min £1100 + vat
The fees listed above cover you on the placement for the first 30 days from the date of the arrival of the candidate and a replacement will be offered free of charge subject to point to our replacement policy.
All placements 4 months + only will be offered free of charge subject to our replacement policy.
Why should I take out insurance for my stay abroad?
We’re confident that your time abroad as an Au Pair will be a great experience, but it is important to be prepared for any eventuality.
The following will be added to the fees:
– £50 for a driver candidate.
– £50 if Candidate is Fluent in English or Scandinavian/Nordic.
– £100 replacement guarantee to cover the first 3 months of placement.
– £195.00 replacement guarantee to cover the first 6 months of placement.
0-2 weeks from the agreed commencement date 50% refund
2-4 weeks from the agreed commencement date 25% refund
The refund policy will apply to families that choose to have a refund and not a replacement within the agreed replacement time providing the fee is paid within 7 working days of invoice.
- Engagement of any applicant through our agency constitutes an acceptance of the following terms and conditions whether or not the Family application form has been signed by the host family.
- BusyBee Au Pairs (thereafter referred to as BBA) acts as an Employment Agency for the introduction of Au Pairs, Mothers Helps, Housekeepers, Companion-Carers and we warrant that all our introductions are based only on applicants that have been thoroughly vetted and carefully selected through application and interview processes.
- BBA shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss including damage, expense, injury or inconvenience suffered by the family in offering or providing employment to the applicant.
- The applicant is at no time either directly or indirectly employed by BBA.
- The agency’s Fees are due within 7 working days of the acceptance by a prospective host family of the Agency’s applicants. A verbal acceptance is binding and will give rise to a 100% cancellation charge after 7 working days.
- You will warrant that the information that you provide at time of application is correct and that you will at all times behave in a responsible, reasonable and caring manner to the successful applicant.
- BBA will always strive to ensure, but cannot guarantee the suitability of any Applicant introduced to the Client.
- The Client accepts that they alone are ultimately responsible for determining whether an Applicant is suitable for their needs as a family from their own selection.
- BBA will provide to the Family/Client, paperwork for the applicant they wish to confirm, including (but not limited to) application forms, police checks, medical reports and references.
- The Family/Client agrees that BBA cannot be held liable for inaccuracies or deficiencies in this paperwork and the Family/Client is ultimately responsible for satisfying themselves that the paperwork is sufficient and accurate at the time of placement confirmation.
You should also use your 1st month of the Applicant’s arrival to give them training and support and to make them feel welcome. A family handbook is available by request for you.
- All Families must have a written routine ready for the applicants’ arrival so that he/she will understand what their duties will be.
- Au Pairs are entitled to paid holidays. The Au Pair Guidelines for holidays are 1 week’s paid holiday every 3 months. An Au Pair accrues holidays at a rate of 1.66 days per month. Public Bank Holidays are also paid days off.
- Should you require a driver, you must be prepared to allow for the applicant to have several professional driving lessons for them to become confident in driving in the UK. The applicant must also be added as a named driver on your car insurance policy & not be liable to pay any excess charges.
- 10. The Applicant shall be treated as a fully integrated member of the family and shall be given the opportunity to take part in every day family life.
- The Applicant is not a qualified childminder but may have practical experience as detailed in his/her application form.
- The Applicant will have his/her own private bedroom within the house.
BBA will offer one replacement or refund on long term placements (4 months+) should the individual leave (within the chosen replacement time that you have agreed with us, from arrival),
Subject to the following:
- The applicant fails to arrive.
- The applicant leaves of his/her own accord within the 30, 90 or 182 days, whichever applies and this is not because of mistreatment by the host family.
- If the applicant proves to be unsuitable within the agreed replacement time from arrival i.e. – has misrepresented themselves/their experience/ability in their application details or displays general misconduct.
- Payment has been made within 7 working days PLEASE NOTE:The fees charged by our Agency are introduction fees and it is up to the family and the Applicant to make the arrangement work through good communications.
We cannot be blamed when an arrangement breaks down through communication as there are too many factors outside of our control.
If the BBA has to offer a replacement, then we will do so within a 4 week time scale for a non-driver and 6 weeks for a driver.
If, in the Agency’s opinion a suitable replacement has been offered and not taken on by the family, no refund will be payable.
Should the Agency be of the opinion that it has been unable to offer a suitable replacement within these given time scales then a refund of fees less 30% for Administration costs will be available subject to: Fees being paid within 7 working days from date of invoice.
NO REPLACEMENT OR REFUND will be provided if the following has taken place:
- If the introduction fee has not been paid within 7 working days.
- On short term placements (less than 4 months).
- If the applicant complains of abuse, mistreatment or misconduct by you, your family, or acquaintances.
- If you restrict access or, stop the applicant using any amenities that he/she is entitled to use or if you withhold any weekly money.
- If an applicant is asked to leave for no good reason with no notice being given, or, they have been asked to do extra duties not stated in the application or placement agreement that have not been paid extra for.
- If the applicant has not been given a proper routine and had the chance to get used to the routine.
- If the applicant has not been given any professional driving lessons. (only applicable for families that have a driver)
- You must also agree to give the applicant a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice as and when such a time arises that company has to end and likewise, the Au Pair/Mother’s Help, Carer/ Housekeeper will also have to give a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice to you as a family.
- When the applicant has lived with you for 30 or 90, 182 days as per chosen agreement or more then the placed applicant will be regarded as satisfactory and we at BBA will have fulfilled our obligations. Any placement that you require outside of the agreed replacement time will incur the introduction fee. BBA cannot guarantee that the au pair will stay for the required length of time.
Cooling off periods and cancellations:
BBA will refund 50% of the introduction fee if you terminate a placement agreement with the applicant prior to his/her arrival subject to the applicant having not booked any travel.
If the Au Pair has arrived, or travel has been booked with evidence to demonstrate this then no fees will be refunded.
Should the applicant not show at the airport for his/her arrival, BBA will refund the full agency fee paid, should you choose for us not to find any replacement.
Each placement involves a fixed cost for the agency which is why this policy is in place for the agency and for the applicant.
If the introduction fee has still not been paid after the 3rd reminder invoice being sent either electronically or by post, interest of 1% per calendar month backdated to the date the placement was confirmed (& paperwork completed by the host family) will be applied.
After one month a final demand will be sent out for the amount payable. Failure to pay the amount stated within 5 working days of the receipt of the final demand will result in putting the matter in the hands of an authorised debt collector/small claims court.
In the event of our escalations you will be liable for payment of the debt collector’s fees/ court fees.
Furthermore, if legal action is required you will also be liable for all legal fees, including court fees, together with interest.
The Agency will provide a discount to repeat Families who come back to us for a new Applicant.
The discount will be 10% along with any recommendation fees, should the client have referred any Host Families to us and a placement was arranged for that referred client.
BBA reserved the right to withdraw all discounts if payment of the Agency fee has not been received within the 7 working day period.
Any advice given to families by post, verbally or electronically is given on the basis of the Au Pair Industry’s guidelines that are regulated by IAPA and BAPAA (International Au Pair Agencies Association & the British Au Pairs Agencies Association.)
These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England & Wales.